Tuesday, August 24, 2010

a new school year


After lots of prayers, applications, tests, and meetings, we decided that God was leading us to Grace Prep for this new school year. After one week, it already feels like home. This is Will's third year to coach there, and so we have become friends with so many of the families and staff.
It feels so good to know that you are doing the right thing for your kid! Jack loved kindergarten, but he is thriving in the university model school, which is half homeschool, half go to school. He is so motivated and completes his work willingly and happily at home. I also love being so involved in the educating part. Mostly, though, I just love the extra family time this new schedule is allowing.
We thank God for a school that is striving to glorify the Lord by creating "college-worthy character witnesses for Christ!"
It's going to be a great first grade year!

1 comment:

Jan said...

I've had several friends in the metroplex area choose these types of schools and they all love it for the same reasons you do! Glad you made such a great choice and that Jack is doing well! I can't believe how grown up he is starting to look! Like his daddy :-)