Tuesday, August 24, 2010

three for #3!





Dear Kate,

Happy birthday to my Katherine Joy! What a year it has been with you. I remember so much about your third year of life.....

I remember your face lighting up riding the carousel at Parks Mall.
I remember your confidence as you walked into your new preschool class at Sonshine Club.
I remember your delight as you watched Josie dance at ballet.
I remember your giggles in the backseat when we would pick up Jack from school.
I remember your big eyes as you began swinging on the big swing at home.
I remember your surprise when you saw that Santa Claus brought you a scooter just like Jack and Josie!
I remember when you couldn't walk in the snow because it was so deep and you cried.
I remember holding you every night, reading and singing, and your sweet voice saying, "I love you Mommy."
I remember sitting with you in the emergency room for what seemed like days after your seizure. Praise the Lord everything was ok.
I remember your temper tantrums when things didn't go quite right.
I also remember you learning more and more words so the tantrums became less.
I remember our potty training battles - and your victories!
I remember how much you looked forward to your speech teacher coming to the house on Monday mornings.
I remember your cute little bob haircut with a big bow, and usuallly matching your big sister!
I remember your messy face eating ice cream and watermelon.
I remember a summer of swimming, travels, and new adventures with you.
I remember your hugs, kisses, and holding your hand.

Thank you, Kate, for a memorable third year. You are so big, but you will always be my baby girl. Looking forward to the memories that this year holds! I love the way God made you, sis. Happy 3rd birthday.
Love you forever,
Mommy

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Happy birthday sweet Katie girl! We love you and we want to come over soon and give you a big hug. Hope you had a great birthday weekend at the farm.