

Not in my backyard. Remember this phenomenon? Well, it is also happening right here at the LHIGP. If you've been here, you understand that being in our backyard is often, well, just plain annoying. On either side of us you will find the yappiest dogs. A few blocks down the street is the local firehouse that likes to set off the yappy dogs. And to top it off, both the Grand Prairie airport and DFW airport are so close we can hear many planes in flight. Anyway, haven't they heard of the sacred naptime each day between 9-11, then again from 2-4? I guess not. So, we have decided to bite the bullet and try to ignore the annoyances in our backyard. Each day Jack and I play outside from approximately 9:30-10:30 while Josie naps, and then we all try to play again right before dinner in our splash pool. This is the new hit of the Davis backyard. It has a slide that Jack attacks with exuberance and is covered with sprayers that cool off little Jo, and give her a daily portion of flouride. It is very shallow - perfect for our little girl who likes to crawl around and pull up to her knees. So, yappy dogs, firetrucks and planes...I dare you to try and ruin our summer in the backyard. I double-dog dare you. NIMBY.
2 comments:
Very cute and funny! We have the dog problem too. I don't mind if people like to have dogs, but 3 of them in the size of a back yard that is smaller than my living room (not an exageration). Poor dogs! I'm actually pretty used to the constant barking (again - not an exageration), but Bryan gets a little fed up with it. Oh well.
I also can't believe y'all can stand the heat. I can hardly even get in the deep end of a pool and not sweat profusely! You guys are awesome!
How fun that looks! Isn't it funny how all kids love water and love being outside. I don't blame them...it is incredible to see God's creation!
We love checking out your blog! It's like being in a little part of TX without having to stand that heat :)
Ginny
Post a Comment