Monday, February 25, 2008

SOS - Save our Sleep

We need some noise around here - white noise that is.
Since Jack and Jo started sharing a room, our sleep has been....interesting.
They talk, (which is cute and hilarious)laugh, toss, turn, cry, and wake each other up. We still have good days with long naps, but then there are days where I think I might go crazy! We are installing blackout shades to help with the morning sunlight, but I think we need some white noise. The humidifier is not doing the job. So, any suggestions or advice for us would be really helpful! Give me brand names or where you bought your best white noise machines....

5 comments:

Jan said...

I use one from Homemedics (i think thats how you spell it) and got it at Kohl's a few years ago. It has several sound choices as well as a radio and an alarm. Its small and easy to transport when you travel!

Lisa said...

Well, sleep is not a priority for my kids so let me know what you decide on and we'll copy! We don't have a white noise machine (but would love one for traveling), but we use the cheapest (meaning loudest) fan from Target - $9.99 I think. It does the trick on the days that Rachel decides she actually wants to sleep.

The Edney's said...

I bought an alarm clock that has the several noise options, such as babbling brook, nightime noises, and the ocean. It has worked great for Callaway and is way less expensive than a white noise machine. It does turn off after 1 hour though.

Anitra
P.S. I love the 6 months pic of your girls. I love how they resemble each other a bit but look so different too. :)

Clay said...

I can't go check the brand right now...but Clay has a new noise machine. It has about 8 choices of noises...just plugs in and you can adjust the noise and volume. His choice is of course...the choo choo. I'll get back with you!

ginny said...

Our white noise would probably be a fan. Really, I have pretty good sleepers. But, we also make sure their rooms get plenty dark and stay dark after the sun comes up. That seems to help a lot.