I have been dreading this day for 7 months now.
Kate is teething - for real. She just cut her first one.
You see, teething for the average, mild, even-tempered child is not a big deal.
But, for this high-maintenance child, anything that throws her off schedule, is a huge deal. This morning, after a rough night with little sis, I tried to sing that Trace Adkins song "You're Gonna Miss This." It has been inspiring me to enjoy the little moments, because one day they'll be gone, and I will miss them.
I am sorry, but I will not miss this....the cuddling maybe, but not the painful crying from 2-3 am.
And please, for those of you who "have never had trouble with teething," I don't want to hear about it right now!
Let's hope this process doesn't spread out too painfully long.
Off to sleep, and hoping for the best.
2 comments:
i've had trouble with teething...so, you can complain all you want to me! i will be a shoulder you can cry on for this one!
let's just put clay and kate in a room and let them work out all of their troubles...-aunt kat
So apparently it is that time of year.....Abby-Go's tooth broke through as well and I cant being to tell you what she has put me through, but we are right there with you, sister! I found myself rocking her in my arms in the middle of the night last night....can you believe that? I was desperate! can't do that for long!!! Maybe after the first two we can hope the rest will be a breeze! Love you guys!
Post a Comment