Monday, April 21, 2008

Yellow Rose of Grand Prairie




When my Mom's grandkids are born, she writes them a song to a well-known tune to help them learn their name and birthday. It also includes important things like where they were born, siblings names, etc. It's short, catchy, personal, and fun!
On Sunday, KatieKate turned 8 months and was wearing a dress with yellow roses to church. How appropriate, since "her song" is to the tune of "The Yellow Rose of Texas."

She's Katherine Joy Davis, who lives in Grand Prairie.
On 8/20/07, she joined the family.
She looks just like her mother, from many years ago,
Her brother is Jack Davis, and her sister's name is Jo
.

Happy 8 months to our little rose. She is scooting on her tummy, making this hilarious scrunched-up-nose-and-mouth face, talking a ton (and loudly!), nursing and eating great, sleeping not so great due to teething (2 bottom teeth) and taking baths with Jack and Jo. She is a little copycat - waving bye-bye and nodding her head yes! She has a new love of licking J/J's popsicles in the bathtub and rolling under beds during playtime. My early prediction is that she will always keep me on my toes - you know, she'll want her ears pierced at the age of 3!

Kate, you are my baby and my sidekick. I want you to know that I won't ever forget what you were like at 8 months old. I will never forget your stringy black hair. I will never forget your legs, kicking with excitement as I get you out of the bed in the morning. I will never forget your belly laugh as I tickle your tummy. You love to be surprised and jump like me! I will never forget to thank God for making you so unique, so pretty, such a fit for our family.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

How in the WORLD did this little one get to be 8 months old?!? I am in love with that dress - very fitting for Kate. Hope to hang out with you guys today or some time this week.

Linda D said...

Why does it seem like our girls are WORLDS apart?? I need to accept that my girl is just going to be on her own time schedule! YOUR girl is precious. That dress brings out her beauty. I love the colour yellow and I love KatieKate!!!

Unknown said...

Kate is a doll!! She looks so precious in that dress - what a cutie! Love seeing the photos - you have a beautiful family, Cara.