
Dear Jack & Josie,
I am writing you a letter on your last day of school for the year. We had a fun year together at Sonshine Club, learning about Jesus, playing with friends, learning our letters and numbers, singing, napping, drinking juice boxes, playing games in the MAC room, and running to Daddy's office at the end of the school day.
Jack, your teacher was Mrs. Jamie and you were very fond of her. She said you were a great helper and always wanted to pass out snacks and help with the chairs. Josie, your teacher was Mrs. Tammie and you always talked about her at home. She said you became more comfortable each week, and that you were very nurturing to other kids.
I loved that I was just a few doors away from you on Thursdays. The highlight of my day there was peeking in your windows and watching you interact with your friends. I was especially touched seeing the two of you sit by each other every Thursday for lunch. Having you there seemed to help Josie transition to being at school for the first time, Jack. I pray you will always be a source of comfort, safety and protection over your little sis like my big brother was to me.
I am truly amazed at how both of you have grown up this school year. Jack, you have become a confident boy who loves to play games. You are intrigued by new books, telling and hearing jokes, and pretend play. Josie, you have become a funny girl who likes to make others happy. You are intrigued by special snacks/treats, hopping and swinging, and creating messy things with dirt and art supplies.
I love being a part of your first school experience. I am so proud of you.
Love,
Mommy/Mom


ps. Here you are at the end of school carnival today. Jack, your favorite part was the popcorn and cupcakes. Josie, you loved your parrot balloon, and asked the face painter to paint a strawberry on your cheek to match your dress!
No comments:
Post a Comment