Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Nine Months and a Life Verse



Nine months have come and gone since our Kate joined the family last August.
As I get to know my kids, the Lord leads me to a verse for them that is their special verse. I pray this verse over them, speak it to them and hope they will one day claim it as their own.
I joke about Kate's intense personality, but deep down I truly love it about her. It makes her unique in this family and she stands out. She is a great reminder to me of God's workmanship. He created her to glorify Himself and our prayer is that she will do this with her electric personality! I chose this as her life verse.

Kate, "and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words, which I am commanding you today shall be on your heart; and you shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up." Deuteronomy 6:5-7

Kate loves being nine months old. She can sit, scoot, and eat real food. She can grab, destroy, and mess with Jack and Jo's things. She is a force in our house, and continues to make herself known with her babbling and squealing. She got a great report from Dr. Halsell yesterday. She is still short and petite compared to other babies her age, but her chubby thighs remind us that she is a healthy little girl.
She is beginning to show signs of "stranger danger" but mostly just wants anyone and everyone's attention. She likes to chew on shoes, pull out my earrings, and throw her pacifier out of the bed. We love the way God made her.

1 comment:

Clay said...

You sure are cute, Kate! We miss your happy smile...can't wait for you & Evs to play again. Your bestie misses you! -Love Aunt K