Monday, June 09, 2008

mommies make mistakes, too

Dear Jack, Josie and Kate,
You are beginning to figure this one out, but I am not perfect.
I will make mistakes, and will probably hurt your feelings at some point.
The other day I raised my voice at you BIG TIME because you slammed your bedroom door (still don't know who did it) and broke a frame off the wall.
I was so upset, and then you became upset. Seeing you cry hurt me much worse that seeing the cracked frame.
I asked for your forgiveness and you said ok.
You still should not have slammed your door, and I said that too.
You guys have to work on treating each other better, and treating our things better too. I need to work on my response to you in these inevitable times.
I am trying to be the best Mommy I can be, but I will make lots of mistakes.
And each of you will make mistakes. But we are a family that forgives.
I love you dearly and fully,
Mom, Mama, Mommy

1 comment:

Linda D said...

This is a wonderful letter, Cara. I find myself apologising to Hannah all the time some times I dont think she gets it, but it is more for me than anything. I wish my parents had apologised to me more. Your kids will grow to know what a treasure they have in you as a mother. On a more random note why are you so stinking pretty? Today at VBS you were wearing a t-shirt and capris and still you looked stunning. if that were me, i would still look frumpy! anyways, press on fellow mother, you are doing wonderful!