It's been a good week. Sadly, I have no pictures to document it. On Will's trip to NY/Boston, the camera lost it's point and shoot button, so the camera has been sent to the "camera hospital," and will be returned brand new. Something to look forward to...
1. JACK: We are so happy to see Jack really enjoying swim lessons. After a full summer last year of standing on the steps or floating, he is jumping in, going under to fetch rings and really working well on his kicking and stroke. This proud mama beamed when, on Thursday, he kept asking his teacher, "Can I try it myself please?" Role play also continues to be important to his days. This week his favorite costume was that of a train conductor, and he loved telling us "all aboard!"
2. JOSIE: I thought Jo would love watching Jack's lessons. On the contrary, she was bored and continually begged to get in the water too. This seemingly shy girl has really surprised us with her courage....swimming, jumping into the pool, and going down slides at the water park are a few of her brave moves. Her sweetest moment this week was during music class, when she raised her hand to pray and thanked God for His many blessings. Her prayer sounded like this:
"Thank you God for this day. Thank you for Mommy, Daddy, Jack, Josie, and Kate. And thank you for Jesus. We love you. Amen."
3. KATE: Our baby girl might have the funniest giggle I have ever heard. This week what made her laugh the most was Josie jumping up and down. Kate was a trooper at swim lessons, absolutely loves the sprinklers at the water park, and has started nodding her head again to answer "yes." She got to bond with her Dad today while J/J went to a birthday party, and slept for two and a half hours while we were gone!
I hope I never forget these funny, tiring, long, sweet, summer days with my kids.
1 comment:
I really wish we had that prayer on tape - it was the sweetest little thing. Something about that voice!
Post a Comment