Saturday, May 02, 2009

Growing up

Everyone is growing up around here!
Having Mam here to help has been awesome and necessary. She has confirmed what I have been noticing....my kids are changing and growing up. I want to remember "the way they were" at this very moment....

Jack has changed into our non-stop, energetic, soccer-lovin', game-playin' five-year old. He rarely slows down during the day. Praise the Lord that he still naps (or has quiet time anyway) from 1-3 every day. His competitive spirit is still a struggle, as he wants to win every game and score every goal. We're working on being a good sport.

When I think of Josie at this age, I will remember what a mini-Mommy she was. She loves to sit by me while I nurse Sam and feed her babies too. She brings me diapers, wipes, the boppy pillow, burp cloths. She is my little helper. She is really good at holding baby brother and asks to do this many times a day.

Kate has probably grown up the most in my eyes. She follows directions, puts toys away, and "talks" about everything. We still don't understand much of what she says but she definitely has a way of making us understand. She could spend hours in the sandbox and loves singing to the Wiggles.

Littlest one is almost three weeks. He is peaceful and content for now, although he probably has the most volume of our babies when he does cry. He is eating and sleeping well and weighed 8 lbs. 8 oz at his 2-week appointment this week. He is very long-legged, reminding me of his sister Josie at this age. His blonde hair and blue eyes are so handsome and we think he's perfect!

3 comments:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

They are all so perfect... growing happens so fast... slow down.

Lisa said...

Love all the pics. We had a great time hanging out with you guys last week. Looking forward to another date soon...tell Jack I'm coming to play soccer with him.

ginny said...

Beautiful children. :)