In the fall of 2008, it was soccer.
Then, all of 2009, it was baseball.
And now, with perfect timing, it is basketball.
I have mentioned before Jack's love of sports. He comes by it naturally, I guess. I remember daydreaming about basketball during my jr. high and high school classes, shooting 100 free throws a day, and playing year round. And I married Mr. Athletic, who still plays ball twice a week and has played in leagues every year for as long as I have known him. So I don't know why I am surprised that, when Jack is awake, he is wanting to play ball.
It seems very normal to us, but I don't think many other five year old boys know all the NBA teams, players, positions, and stats. He loves learning the rules of the game and studying the positions. It's music to Will's ears when he asks to watch the ESPN highlights before leaving for school!
I am so thankful for his all or nothin', go-getter attitude. He has never said to me that he is bored or that he doesn't know what to do. He just goes outside or to the garage and creates his own basketball or baseball game, usually against himself!
This weekend we used his birthday money from Mimi and Pops to buy him a new goal and he played until it was dark outside. I bet he is dreaming of basketball tonight!! Here's a few pics of Jack, (old goal) playing his newest love.
No comments:
Post a Comment