Wednesday, February 03, 2010

opinionated


It's interesting when kids start having an opinion. They go from accepting what you say as the only truth to slowly forming their own likes and dislikes. It's natural, yet heartbreaking at times. It's positive but also can be painful. I have mentioned before that Kate has a very independent spirit. She questions authority (heartbreaking) but also does not rely on others to create fun or adventure. (positive) She loves to explore new things, like the potty, (natural) yet throws a fit if she doesn't get to do things her way. (painful)
We are starting to see and hear some of our 2 year old's opinions. A few things I have heard in the past two days:
1. When asked by her sister if she'd like to read a Dora book with her, her reply was "no, JoJo, don't want to."
2. While eating our dinner of bbq chicken, steamed green peas, mac and cheese last night, she said, "Thank you, Mommy, it's yucky." Ouch.
3. We were playing follow the leader up the stairs, and she said, "I leader, not you."
4. A new one I heard today - "no help me, need privacies!" (in the bathroom)
Let's just say that I think Kate's teenage years are going to be even more interesting.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I would expect nothing less from that little one! Aren't you so glad that your kids are all different and that you'll NEVER have a boring moment! Give Katie Kate a big hug from us. :)

Unknown said...

I have to say #2 made me laugh. :) How many times have I heard similar comments from my 2nd girl?!