Wednesday, February 10, 2010

happy and sad

Every night at the dinner table we say our "happy and sad things" of the day. I read this somewhere a few years ago, and it has been great conversation for our family. We go around the table and only one person can speak at a time. Everyone else must look at that person and listen. Even Kate is joining in now, although she usually says the same thing for both happy and sad. From tonight....
Jack: I was happy when I saw Mommy picking me up today at school. No sad things!
Josie: I was happy when I got to snuggle under the covers on the couch with Mommy and Kate. I was sad when Jack was gone at school.
Kate: Happy to read books! Sad to read books! (She'll get it someday)

1 comment:

Kim G. said...

GREAT idea, Cara! We are stealing it!!!