"Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.
Because He lives, all fear is gone.
Because I know He holds the future....
And life is worth the living, just because He lives."
(Hymn written by Bill and Gloria Gaither)
Easter was a bittersweet holiday for us this year. Yes, we celebrate a risen Savior that allows us to face tomorrow and live life to the fullest. Yes, we are eternally grateful for this gift He has given us. But we miss our brother and friend. Easter marked seven years since the "home-going" of our brother Clay. He is now in the presence of Jesus and celebrates Easter every day! One day we will be with him, but until then we will continue live, laugh, and cry here on Earth.
Life goes on but life will never be the same without our Clay. We miss you brother, and we'll be seeing you soon.
4 comments:
I'd be remiss if I didn't post a comment here. Great post. Made me cry.(A bit embarrasing here in the office) Just want to say I miss him too. I always wonder what the first thing he says to me will be when we meet again and though I'll never guess right, I AM certain it will be something to make me laugh! He was the best at that. Can't wait.
-BP
Seven years ago yet I can remember getting the news like it was yesterday. There are so many things that I remember about Clay but I would have to say that the one that stands out would have to be that incredible smile!
Beth
Thanks Cara. You are always so good at saying things - even when it's really hard. We too are grateful for the memories of Clay & can't wait to see him again. I have to echo BP in saying that I'm sure he will greet us with something funny as we enter through the gates!
These days I look at my own Clayton Jack & think how the two of them would have certainly been entertaining together! Love you girl - K
I just keep thinking about our brothers scaring us that day when were in the blue truck. Were we coming from Sweet Eugene's? Probably! You were right when you said life will never be the same without Clay. SFB loves you guys.
Post a Comment