
Dear Jack,
I want you to know that I will always love you.
You are my firstborn, and you made me a mom, and for this I thank you.
I want you to know that I think of you every minute of every day.
Your smile brings me joy, and your laugh doubles it!
I want you to know that I hurt when you hurt. Already it feels as though my heart is wandering around outside of my body when I see you walk around.
I want you to know that I am proud of you. You are smart, curious and athletic and my heart swells with pride when I see you.
I want you to know that, before you were born, I had no idea how much I'd love you. You changed my life for the better.
I want you to know that I'd do anything for you. You have a very "can-do" attitude, but helping and serving you is what I long to do.
I want you to know that I pray for you daily. I pray that you will follow Jesus, know Him intimately, and want to be more like Him. I pray for your purity, your future wife, and future family. I pray that you will be a leader among men and lead others to Christ.
I want you to know that I love being the mom of a playful, funny, energetic little boy. Playing with you is an adventure, and I will never grow tired of it.
I want you to know that God made you unique. You are different from any other and I am so thankful He made you the way He did.
I want you to know that you are my son, and I wouldn't change anything about you.
Love,
Mom

Dear Josie,
I want you to know that I will always love you.
You are my sweet little girl whom I always dreamed of.
I want you to know that, before you were born, I didn't know if I could love another child like I loved Jack already. The moment I saw your face, my love doubled. There was no doubt that I had enough love for both of you!
I want you to know that I can't wait to see your face and hear your babbling each morning. You are truly my sunshine! You have turned me into more of a morning person.
I want you to know that there is no one else like you. Only you can make us really laugh and we all find ourselves watching you during the day, just waiting for the next smile, "word," laugh, or new face.
I want you to know that I love to hold you and cuddle with you. My favorite time of the day is reading to you, singing and holding you before you take a nap or go to bed at night.
I want you to know that I will always protect you. You are my precious daughter and I want only good things for you.
I want you to know that I pray for you daily. I pray that you will follow Jesus, know Him intimately, and want to be more like Him. I pray for your purity and for your future husband and family. I have so many hopes for you, and pray for God's best for you.
I want you to know that I think you are the most beautiful little girl I have ever seen. I praise the Lord for the way He made you. Your big blue eyes radiate true beauty, and I pray that the Lord will continue His good work in you.
I want you to know that you are my daughter, and I wouldn't change anything about you.
Love,
Mom
1 comment:
Cara, This brought tears to my eyes, they are so blessed to have you as their mommy! Thanks for sharing and letting me have an inside glimpse into motherhood, oh how I long for that day! ~Ashley
The pictures of them are super cute too!
Post a Comment