Each week brings it's favorites, triumphs, and frustrations.
It seems I will never forget each hilarious stage, new words and phrases, tears....and then it's on to the next thing. Here's five faves from this week.
1. FAVE BOOK: We're Going on a Bear Hunt. This book was given to Josie on her first birthday from Fran Eubanks, and it is a classic. It tells the story of a family going on a bear hunt through different terrain - grass, water, forest, snow, etc. The imagery is awesome, and Jack loves to make the sounds of the land! My favorite is the "squelch squerch" of the mud. The best part of the story, though, is when they find the bear and then go through the whole journey backwards! It's great - a must read for toddlers and preschoolers. Jack's favorite line: "We're not scared!" We have read this book at each nap and bedtime this week.

2. FAVE GAME: Big surprise - going on a bear hunt. Jack and his sidekick Jo gather their flashlights (to "flash sumpin" he says) to find a bear. They turn off all lights in bedrooms and closets, close doors, and chant "we're not scared!" Jack has found more than 20 bears in our house alone, but his favorite is the inflatable Bozo the Clown in his closet. When our small group from church was over Sunday night, our friend Hunter helped him on a bear hunt and they found one on his foot! This kid has an imagination like you wouldn't believe. I have to admit that I am a little tired of the bear hunts but it has been fun to see he and Josie imagine and play together. Here's a photo of a recent hunt in our closet. (btw, I realize that Jack has been pantless in many blog photos lately but such is the life of a potty training preschooler)

3. FAVE FACE: Josie may not be as verbal as Jack yet, but she speaks volumes with her cute little face! We love to see her new faces and tricks. This is our new favorite. There is no specific reason for this face but if I could translate, I would say, "Look at me. I don't talk much but I can do this. My family laughs when I do it, so I must be cute."

4. FAVE PLACE: Hands down, the Kennedy farm! The kids and I are here while Will is on a boys trip. I haven't been here since the Christmas holidays....everything is so pretty and green. The garden is looking fabulous, bluebonnets in full bloom, and the weather has been perfect. J and J are loving throwing rocks into water, getting dirty, picking asparagus, and climbing trees.

5. FAVE SONG: As you know, we love music, and most of our days are spent singing about ordinary things....picking up toys, going to the potty, playing outside, etc. We have been looking forward to coming to the farm all week, and Jack knew that, on Thursday after school, we would drive to the farm. So, all week in preparation of our trip, he has been singing "Okie Donald Had a Farm!" Josie chimes in on the animal sounds. They go through all the animals that are on the farm here. I just love his pronunciation of things right now, and hope I will never forget about "Okie Donald."
No comments:
Post a Comment