
1. ...a kid. A few days ago, while I was folding laundry, I overheard Jack saying, "I'm happy, Mom." He was playing in the playroom with Josie, and he was certainly happy. I asked him why he was happy, and he answered simply, "I'm happy to be a kid, Mom." I thought that was profound! He didn't really need a reason....he was just happy to be himself. Here's a photo of my happy kid in the backyard this week. He is definitely happiest while outside, gathering rocks and sticks in his bucket, playing in his sandbox with his cars, or climbing the ladder to the top of his swingset.

2. ...a big girl. Will and I have both noticed how big Josie seems, just this week. Must have been the food at the farm last weekend! She is still very tall for her age. Proof of this is that she is wearing 2T clothing. This is a whole new ballgame for me since Jack outgrows clothes so slowly. Anyway, JoJo is at the stage where, if I put her down in the morning for a nap, she will still sleep, but doesn't necessarily need it. She is happy to stay awake until after lunch and go down for a long afternoon nap. It's a nice stage, and we have been able to do a few more things in the morning like errands and fun outings. She is simply crazy about Jack and loves to kiss and hug him regularly! She also loves to play along and get into trouble with him outside in their "clubhouse," which consists of nothing more than a small space between the house and side fence that has a gate, lots of leaves and a pile of bricks! Who needs a fancy playhouse! I love watching them imagine that they are really working and creating back there. Here's a photo of Jack and Jo in their new place.

3. ...in GP. There are many things we love about our home here. Some of things that make us happy here are: our church family, the close parks and playgrounds, the new Super Target, Daddy coming home for lunch, Chick-Fil-A down the street, music class, Sonshine Club on Thursdays, the SFB, and our sweet little first home. But I think it really comes down to the people here because that's how we have made memories. I will always remember fondly our time here in GP (however long it may be) and be happy that the Lord led us here for a time. Here's Josie with our dear friend Janette Eubanks. She is a sophomore at Grace Prep and in Will's youth group. Will and Josie spent the day Thursday (while Mom and Jack were at school) cheering her on at the Regional track meet. It's people like she and her family that make us happy - and blessed - to be in GP.
4. ...growing little Kate. As the weeks pass, we are getting closer to meeting our sweet girl Kate. I can't wait to see her face! She is a little acrobat already, like her big sis, and that has been fun to feel her moving and making her presence known. Thank you for your prayers, as I am feeling so much better. I don't have a photo of myself (big surprise) but for those of you, like Kat, who want to know, I am officially wearing maternity clothes! This was the first week that I pulled out the pants with a panel. Jack likes to rub my tummy as I read to him each night and Josie is still clueless. 23 weeks along, and counting down to Katherine Joy. I am happy to be carrying and growing my daughter.
4 comments:
I can't wait to meet Kate either...
Very sweet post, Cara. Sometimes I am overwhelmed with happiness when I think about my life as a wife, mother, daughter, friend, etc. God is good!
Happy to be...
Your sister. Even though we are so far apart - you encourage me through your blogs and our sporadic phone calls. Love you girl. (AND YES...I'm pleased to know the update on what clothing you are wearing. 23 weeks and just breaking out paneled pants - you are my maternity hero.)
Just checking on the commenting status here at LHIGP's blog. So glad we got to musicize ourselves with you guys yesterday!
Post a Comment