Saturday, April 07, 2007

Friday Funnies

1. BABY. When I went to Jack's room Monday morning, I told him today was a big day. Mommy and Daddy were going to the doctor to see a picture of the baby. He immediately looked at me and asked, "Is baby Sam in there or sumpin'?" The expectations were high! However, it didn't take long for Dr. Payne to realize that this baby was not Sam, but our precious Kate! We thank God that Katherine Joy (Katherine after our sisters Katherine Tynan and Kat Kennedy, and Joy after my Aunt Joyce and myself)is growing well and right on schedule for a late August arrival. I think Jack is adjusting well to the news....he asked me yesterday, "will sister baby Kate have a strawberry like Jack?" I said I didn't know if God would give her one or not. He answered simply, "We'll see Mommy - maybe." (fyi - Jack has a small strawberry hemangioma on right arm that he is quite proud of) We are enjoying praying for Kate by name and talking about what it will be like when she gets here.

2. BIRTHDAY. I celebrated 29 years on Wednesday. It was a very nice day. It started off wonderfully when my husband of 7 years brought home a caramel macchiato from Starbucks and breakfast tacos from Taco Cabana. Thanks Will! You have become a pro at speaking my "pregnancy love language!" (food=love) My little family sung happy birthday to me, complete with dancing of course, and I received so many phone calls and emails. I was humbled and felt very loved. The best present I received was a memory made with Jack. Sometimes he wakes up sad from his nap and today was one of those days. He wanted me to hold him, and he immediately fell back asleep in my arms - all 35 pounds of him! It was amazing to hold him like a baby again. If you know this little mover and shaker, you know this is a rare thing. Happy birthday to me! Here is a photo of me, on my birthday, with my favorite gifts. (minus Will)




3. BLOOMS. For my birthday, we drove to spend the day at one of my favorite places - the Dallas Arboretum. Our friends the Brimberry girls came with us for a day at the park. The tulips and azaleas were lovely, although a little rain-beaten, and the fellowship was awesome. We had a picnic in the sun, and now we have great photos to remember the day.





4. BEST HOLIDAY. Now we are preparing our hearts and mind for the celebration of our risen Savior! I have always loved Easter, even more so than Christmas and Thanksgiving, and teaching my children about it has been humbling, heart-breaking and also exciting! Jack has been walking around saying, "He is risen indeed!" And somehow he is convinced that Jesus is coming to our house tomorrow. (?) Our prayer for all of you is that the Easter story will be your story. Jesus Christ bore all the suffering and pain with you on His mind and in obedience to His own Father. Then, he triumphed over the grave so we can be with Him again someday! We are Easter people and I encourage you to celebrate tomorrow.

8 comments:

ginny said...

Congratulations on another girl and I love the name. Sisters are very special I have found out :) Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday. Wishing your family a great Easter celebration.

The Cobbs said...

All your children have such special and meaningful names:) I love the name "Kate" and especially the significance it has.

Happy Birthday, Friend! And Happy Easter!

KatieKate said...

I, for one, love the name as well :) Congrats on another girl. And Happy Birthday, Cara! I'm so glad you got acres and acres of flowers on your special day.

Jan said...

congrats on another sweet little girl! I'm sure she will have a special and distinct little personality to perk up the LHIGP even more!

Unknown said...

Seeing these pictures makes me REALLY wish we would have been able to go to the Arboretum to help you celebrate. Thanks for posting the pics - the kids look great. Can't wait to see what little baby Kate will look like. Love you guys.

elizalee said...

Cara! It's Beth, aka Barnabas! Autumn sent me a link to Kat's page and I found yours there! I can not believe you are about to have three kids! That is nuts! They are precious! I just got married in September. No kids, just a step-daughter. That has been quite an adjustment!

I couldn't find an email address on here but I would love for you to email me. I live in Tolar and work in Granbury so we aren't that far from each other!

Love, Beth
elc0022@unt.edu

elizalee said...

Cara -

I don't think my other comment worked. Anyway, your kids are too cute! I can't believe you are about to have a third! How exciting!

I just got married in September. No kids, just a step-daughter. That has been quite an adjustment!

I am so glad to know what is going on in your life! It is clear that things are going your way. You deserve it!

Email me sometime!
Beth (Carey) (Barnabas) Martin
elc0022@unt.edu

LJ said...

Congratulations! I just love her name! Our little Karsyn Joy was almost a Kathryn Joy too! Hope you enjoyed a White Easter!