Saturday, August 15, 2009

four for #4




Dear Sam,
At four months, you are such a joy. As I write you are sitting in your bouncy seat kicking the toys. You are surprised and delighted every time you get one! You are predictable and easy-going. You love to suck on your fingers, preferably the two middle ones on your left hand. When you are hungry or tired, you cry loudly but can be soothed easily. I love our cuddle time in the morning before the others wake. You are so happy and peaceful and seem to save your best smiles for me!
This month you have continued to roll from tummy to back but not the other way yet. You "talk" when anyone is near. You nurse 5 times a day and sleep 9 hours at night. You take four naps a day and put yourself to sleep with the help of a swaddle, white noise and a pacifier or sucking your fingers. We do have to be careful after you eat. You need to stay really still and upright or you will spit up volumes! I am sorry that most pictures of you are naked. It's just so hot and you sleep swaddled.
You like being four months old. You are at a content stage and we are enjoying every minute with you.
Love you,
Mama

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Sam - I loved getting to spend some quality time with you this month. And I LOVED hearing your little squeals during our "conversations." I really love you.

The Cobbs said...

4 months already!!! We look forward to seeing you soon!