
Lots of folks have been asking about Josie....how is she doing without her best buddy during the day? Well, let's just say she is a little lost. I have seen some strange - almost bizarre - behavior in the past few days. We had a friend come to play and she is a few years older than Josie. Sweet little compliant JoJo was downright bossy. Then, I walked into the kitchen yesterday and she was lying on her stomach, licking up crumbs off the floor. Really? We had a talk then and there about needing extra attention and appropriate behavior. So, I think this kindergarten thing is hard on everyone in different ways. Yes, it's every bit as tough as I thought it would be, plus some. Josie will be fine but I can only imagine that she is lacking direction and purpose. I start "Mommy school" with her next week so that will help, as well as extra time together, with Kate, and special playdates. I also plan to be more intentional about including her in the care of baby Sam. She adores him and feels so special when she gets to help. Time for Josephine Marie to come out of the shadows and become who she was made to be!
2 comments:
JoJo-
you are so cute. can't wait to see you in a month. evy is going to love it!
-aunt kat
So licking the floor is inappropriate? Good to know...Hee Hee! I can't believe you have a kindergartener. Wow. We should get together again soon!
Post a Comment