Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
Friday, March 09, 2007
Friday Funnies
1. I am new at this youtube thing but this is our daily dose of singing in the backyard! Hope the neighbors enjoy kids praise songs, and theme songs to cartoons. This video is titled "Whistle While you Work." Jack loves to sing and dance as he works and plays each day. The songs included are "This is the Day," the alphabet song, and the theme song to the WonderPets.
2. On our way to the zoo Wednesday, we were stuck in traffic. Jack has inherited his Dad's impatience in traffic....and let that show by yelling at the cars, "Move away from here, cars! Don't stop here. Get away from Mommy's car." I obviously had to turn this into a lesson of patience and kindness - between laughs. After yelling his frustrations, the traffic finally began to move and clear. Jack, shocked and in disbelief of his own "power," said, "Mom, they "hear-ded" me." This is proof that the whole world still revolves around him.
3. Josie is saying more and more words. Her favorite book at the moment (this was Jack's too) is Baby's First Bible Songs. She sways and "sings" to each song. Tonight when I reached for the book, she clearly said "Jesus." Some other words in her repetoire are ball, hi, "nah" for no, bye, mom, daddy, "Jock" for Jack, "Mem" for Mam, "Goc" for Doc, and night-night. She babbles a lot and makes all animal noises but these are all of the clear words at the moment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thank you for the entertainment! Clay said, "JACK!" when he saw him singing (well it was probably more like "dack") but, whatever. Tell Jack that Aunt Kat & Clay were impressed with all of his songs, my favorite parts are when he says "ets" for s (that is stinkin' cute!) & when you ask Jo to sing and she says "det det det det" or whatever crazy language a one & a half year olds speaks.
Here's our funny, but I think I already told you -
Intead of taking a nap yesterday Clay was busy "driving" his blankie back and forth in his crib making a car sound with his lips. Then I told him to go night-night and he cried, so then I saw that there was a diaper situation, so I changed it and while doing that he pointed to my elbow and said "KNEE" after I second, I caught what he was saying...it was funny to me that he thought that my elbow was my "arm knee".
Love you all, hope you feel good this weekend! -AK
Cute singing and cute kids! We love singing here too...It is a crucial part of our day!
So, I think I'll start incorporating "this is the day" into our daily routine. Why haven't I thought of that before?!? Love the video - impressed with you.
Oh my goodness! Hey, it's Traci Uno! Those are the CUTEST kids! My girls are begging for more video, they were captivated by Jack's singing! I guess I'll have to start the you tube on our blog now!!
Post a Comment