Friday, March 02, 2007

Friday Funnies

In my attempt to be a better blogger, I am creating a habitual journal each Friday where I write about something funny that has happened here at LHIGP during the week. It is getting more and more difficult to sit down and write in my journal as I have always done each week, and I want to remember these funny moments. I would love to hear your funnies as well, so feel free to share!
I also want to be more like my friend Ginny, who seems to really capture the everyday, ordinary happenings that make this stage of life so extraordinary. So, here's to Friday Funnies and all the laughter that is to come. Let's hope it lasts, and enjoy.

Week of 2/25:
1. Jack goes to Mother's Day out/preschool each Thursday. His teacher Mrs. Tammie is wonderful and always writes in every kid's folder things like: attitude, compliments, what he ate, how he napped, if he shared, what he did at recess, and what he learned. This week she shared that, while she changed Jack's diaper, some of the other 2-year olds were lurking and getting a little too close for Jack's comfort. He looked over at them and said, "hey guys, I need my pace."
2. Random conversation in the car:
Mom: Jack, am I your mother?
Jack: Yes, and Mam is your mother.
Mom: Silent.
Jack: And Mam is my grandma.
This was funny for many reasons but mostly because we have never used the word "grandma," and what 2-year old understands that his grandma is his mommy's mom?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

And another Friday funny about Jack is that when Ethan came over yesterday he just said, "Hey, Ethan" in the most normal voice like they see each other every day. I love that little guy.

Unknown said...

I love this idea Cara. It isinspiring... I might just have to give it a try as well!
I will look forward to the updates.

KatieKate said...

It really is a great exercise/discipline. I think you will absolutely love it.

Linda D said...

In the church nursery one time, we were trying to find the "stinky culprit" i dont know what made me ask jack, but i said "jack, did you poo-poo" he looked at me with a straight face and said "yah, sure did" what an old man!!!