Friday, March 23, 2007

Friday Funnies

1. The best thing that happened this week - by far - was that our uncle and brother Clif came home! It was a long seven months but he is back to his wife and son in Hawaii and we couldn't be happier. Thank you for all your prayers. We faithfully prayed Psalm 121 over our brother, and God was faithful. Jack has been telling everyone that his "Unc is home to Hawaii!" Clif and Kat, you are our heroes and we love you. Thanks for the huge sacrifices you make daily. Your reward will be great.

2. I hope I can figure out how to get this video up of Jack on his stage. He has many stages around the house....the couch, the trunk at the end of our bed, the window seat in the playroom. We didn't know he even knew the word "stage," but as he was singing his rendition of "This Old Man" on the couch the other day, he said, "I sing on my stage, Mom!" What a performer. I imagine his Dad was the same way. (Mimi, I'd love to hear stories) Here is our little ham singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" at the foot of our bed while watching himself in the mirror. I apologize if it is sideways....can't figure that one out.

3. Sweet Josie is back after a few days with Jojophine. She has also added a few words this week: Minnie, (for Minnie Mouse) uh-oh, Elmo, "bar" for granola bar, and phone. She loves to hug and kiss her brother and he actually tolerates it. I have to get her on video doing her babble as she works and plays. It cracks me up all day!

4. We had well visits this week at the pediatrician. (18 months/3 years) It was actually fun, painless except for one shot for Jack, and I had all my questions answered, from dry skin to potty training! I know Dr. Halsell loves it when I walk in with my spiral notebook full of questions. Both children are healthy and growing well and we thank God for this. We don't take their health for granted. Last time we were at the doctor (2 weeks ago I think) was during Jo's diarrhea spell and Jack announced to the whole waiting room, secretaries, and nurses that "JoJo is sick and her bottom hurts." Someday I am sure she will be embarrassed of his candor.

Love to all - have a great weekend!

3 comments:

ginny said...

Love the video! Addi wanted to watch it over and over. Little Josie must have sent Jojophine to our house to visit Libby this week :)

The Cobbs said...

I want to warn Josie that someday when her brother is older (say 28?) she will be forced to sit down and watch highlights of ALL her brother's performances! ....And she may only get about one minute of air time! -This has been happening in our family lately:)

Unknown said...

Adorable! Jack is so funny! I am glad your doctor visit went well. That is always reassuring!
Thanks for the sweet note on my blog. Saige is growing up and I am loving every minute of it. When I read about your kids it gets me so excited about what she will eventually be doing. Saige and Josie would get along well - she just babbles all day as she plays with her toys. It is hilarious!

I am so glad to hear Clif is home! I was praying for him and his family as well. Praise God!

love,
cheryl