Saturday, March 17, 2007

Friday Funnies



Happy Friday, actually Saturday morning.
We had a good week here at the LHIGP, and hope you did too.
My memories of this week mostly have to do with Jack - again. He's just at "that" age where his verbal ability is hilarious and interesting. Josie will be there soon, but for now, most of our Friday funnies will probably be about our firstborn. So, enjoy.

1. Will took Jack to a Grace Prep baseball game, and the report when they returned was that Jack had his first "date." A little four-year old girl fell in love with Jack. (not hard to do with the big blue eyes!) They played, they chased, and then she asked if she could buy him a snow cone. Yes, somehow Jack managed to get the girl and the freebie. This was a proud moment for Will! Jack innocently asked his Dad, "my (his words for may I) have a snow cone, Daddy?" Will said he wanted to talk to the girl, get to know her family first, etc. but instead allowed the date to continue. It was a big night at the ballpark.

2. I am reading Kevin Leman's book "The Birth Order book: Why You are the Way you Are." So many things are making sense. For instance, I am a middle child but have never felt like one. If you know me, I am a perfectionist, overachiever, and a little OCD. Leman explains that when you are the first of a specific gender in your family, you can take on those "first child" characteristics. Anyway, I am seeing myself in my firstborn SO MUCH these days. For instance, each night before he goes to bed, he has to know exactly what the next day will hold. We discuss what will be for breakfast, what cartoon we will watch, what we will play, what we will do while Josie takes her am nap, lunch, nap, outside, stroller walk, dinner plans, EVERYTHING. And the funny thing is, he remembers each step the next day and is upset if we don't follow it perfectly. This morning was evidence of this when he was eating his blueberry muffins that he had "ordered" the night before. I could tell he was not quite happy how the morning was going. I was letting Will sleep in, and Jack reminded me of our nightly discussion. He said, "I am eating my muffins first, then I watch Mickey with DADDY, remember that plan, Mommy?"

3. Time to get serious around here with potty training now that Jack is three. This week we had a few successes and I giggled when I overheard him in the bathroom with his Dad, saying "Daddy, it's working. I'm doing it!"