








Happy birthday to Jack Kennedy Davis, born on March 8, 2004, at 1:31 pm.
It has been a sweet year with our little guy, and he has grown up so much. I have a lump in my throat as I write because I am thinking about the first moment I saw his face, as they held him next to my face in the operating room. I thought that he was the most perfect baby I had ever seen. I couldn't hold him just yet but I sung to him as he cried. Then he was whisked away to the NICU. He made quite an appearance that day, and still does!
Some of our favorite times with him this year have been playing outside, singing and dancing each morning, and going to the farm. He has a love for books, puzzles, music, (do you see a trend?) cars, Mickey Mouse, Sesame Street, and all outdoor activities.
This year for his birthday we have had a two-week long celebration! He was excited to attend Sesame Street Live with his buddies Tanner and Ethan a few Saturdays ago and came home to an Elmo party, where many of his friends and family gathered to celebrate. He also had a party at his school last Thursday with cupcakes and juice boxes. This morning Will took off so we could take the kids to the Ft. Worth Zoo. It was a perfect morning - amazing weather, active animals, half price Wednesday, and the best fellowship! Jack especially liked the "lion king" but didn't understand why there were no penguins.
Three years ago, Jack changed our world for the better and we are thankful to God for his birth and life. What a boy.....the best boy, as we tell him each night. Thanks to all of you who have made an impact on his life. We would love for you to leave a birthday wish for our birthday boy.
This year, Jack knows his birthdate and year thanks to his Mam and the following song, sung to the tune of "Take me out to the Ballgame."
"He's Jack Kennedy Davis, but we just call him Jack.
Born on March 8th of 2004,
Dallas County, a Texan for sure.
Yes, we'll root, root, root for Jack Davis
as he grows to follow God's plan.
For it's one, two, three, turnaround, he will be a man."
I have many memories already of singing this song with him while I swing him in the backyard. As soon as he crawls into the swing he says, "sing to me, mom." Each time I sing it, I imagine what he will be like as a man and I praise God for making him. It is true that in a moment he will be a man, but today we sing "This is the Day" and thank God for our little 3-year old. Happy birthday, son.
7 comments:
oh sweet Cara...
Happy Birthday, little man!!! I hope your day is SUPER and I hope you sing a ton.
Woman...I just found this site: www.blurb.com that lets you put your blog into a book. It would be so nice to put all this ina book for your little ones so they can see it someday!
Happy Birthday, Jack! We hope you had a great day!
Love,
Eddy, Rachel, and Rory!
PS - Rory would love to get together soon to play with her fellow 3-year-old and Wonderpets fan!
Happy Birthday, Jack! We love seeing you grow through the pictures and words your mom uses to describe you. Have a great birhtday...3 is such a fun age!
Jack-boy,
I love you so much son! These last three years with you have been the best of my life. I will always be here for you as your dad and your best friend. Happy birthday!
Dad
Happy 3rd Jack-boy! We love everything about you and are hoping that Ethan will learn your patience and sharing techniques soon. :) We're so glad we got to play with you today...thanks for coming to hang out.
Jack-Boy! We love you. Today at 9:30 am, 1:30 pm in Texas, I thought of your birth & how extremely exciting & scary it was for all of us. I have loved you like my own child from the start & I am so grateful for you! You are so special & are a great big brother & big cousin! Hope you had a special 2 week birthday celebration! Love you, Aunt Kat
Thanks for all the birthday wishes and comments. Jack loves you all, and is already talking about his next birthday....
Post a Comment