Let's be honest here. Our children are not always perfect, precious, loving, and happy. Sometimes they are whiny and mean. I realize that I sometimes have on "rose-colored glasses" when it comes to my daughter Josie. Her sweet disposition is endearing and we are truly bonded. However, this little girl also has an alter ego that appears every once in a while....usually preceding a new tooth, diarrhea, or other unfair growing pains. This alter ego says "no" more than enough, becomes a bully to her older sibling, and can cut glass with her glare. We refer to her as "Jojophine." Jack coined this term because it seems that each time this "visitor" arrives, she is corrected and disciplined by her mom and dad with her full given name, Josephine. Jack picked up on this and can now recognize the terror.
So....Jojophine is visiting for a few days and I have been trying to capture this on camera. I think this photo was successful. Caption: Jojophine has had it with the constant teaching from her brother Jack. She wants to mow the lawn all by herself and pushes big brother out of the way with a shriek, a "nah," and narrowed eyes.

JoJo, we love you and someday you will read these words. We love you unconditionally, alias and all. But, please bring back, bring back, bring back sweet Josie-bug to me, to me........
4 comments:
Weeeeeeellll....Clay-Jack loves Jojophine - he says he feels really connected to his "twin" when she comes out to play. :) She's a cutie either way, I feel like when she acts like "the phine" she's got a little bit of her Mama's toughness and will be a mean little point guard, it's in her blood! (Glad she only comes in small doses, though!) Love you guys - Unc will give Jack-boy a call in a few days! YEA! -Aunt Kat
The gal has some Irish in her, for sure! She'll need every bit of that "snap" in the future. "Jojophine" rocks!!!
mimi
You made me laugh so hard with your comment....much needed thanks!!! just to spite me, she probably will go to A&M! And please, stop lying on my sweet Josephine, she can do no wrong!!! :) I read your sis-in-law's blog.....good to know there are strong-willed children like Hannah out there. Hopefully the Lord will use her strong-will for Him!!! We will indeed take you up on the offer to play in your backyard someday!! Love you all :)
Maybe it is something about the age...I've been getting some glares from Libby Lu also. At first, I had to turn away so she wouldn't see me laugh! I'm learning much about "2nd borns" (since Bryan and I are both "1sts") from her. Younger sisters really have minds of their own...so much fun!
Post a Comment